How can we secure our site from Hackers

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

uyai

New Here
Feb 19, 2018
AD Credits
Reactions
0 0 0
Hackers are always on the prowl looking for sites to take control of,I read about even big companies with sites online paying so much money to get back their sites from Hackers and sometimes their personal information has been extracted.The good thing we can try to prevent this from happening to our sites.For me, I try to use a very strong password for my site, especially for my admin area.How are you keeping your site free or secured from hackers?

Feb 21, 2018
AD Credits
Reactions
2 0 0
Here are some tips:

• Get a really tough password for your control panel and admin area.
  • Be careful about who you make an admin or otherwise let into critical areas (the admin and control panel area).
  • Make site backups.
  • Update the software when possible.
  • Don't use admin as your admin name (optional, maybe the least necessary).
Anyway, I don't do all these things myself, but it's a guideline.

Feb 21, 2018
sharktech.net
AD Credits
Reactions
2 0 0
Updating your software frequently is crucial. And that's not just your forum software, it is all of them themes and underlying software. Nowadays a lot of software is built on libraries grabbed from third parties. These obscure little libraries and code snippets eventually get exploited and it cascades down the line until your whole site is compromised. Seen it too many times.